Home movers Kansas City may feel like they’ve taken on more than they can handle. However, if you stay focused and plan well in advance, you can eliminate a lot of the stress involved with moving. Superior Moving & Storage offers home movers Kansas City these tips for managing their home moving experience.
Top 10 Tips For Home Moving Kansas City
1. Calculate the Costs – Make a budget based on a realistic estimate of your projected total costs. Moving costs can easily get out of control if you don’t keep track of your money. Creating a budget helps home movers Kansas City avoid overspending by planning ahead for the cost of the movers, packing supplies, deposits at the new location, food, and travel expense – all of it should be included. PS – Expect the unexpected – cost and time-wise. Allow for overlap time – things like the weather, traffic accidents or some other incident cause delays (and increase your costs).
2. Hiring Movers – Professional home movers Kansas City is worth every penny. They are licensed, trained and experienced, and have all the trucks, supplies and equipment required to complete the job. Why let the hassle of planning and implementing a move when you don’t have to?
3. Schedule Early – Not only will you likely have your pick of moving dates, but you have more options of home movers Kansas City that are available when you need them. Never, never wait until the last minute to call the moving company – you may even reap the benefit of special cost savings. Having a specific date also helps you stay on task when you know you’ve got a deadline to work toward.
4. Lists & More Lists – Don’t underestimate the importance of itemizing everything you need to do. Make a checklist and tick off each completed task. For a smooth, uncomplicated moving experience – make a list!
5. Update Your Address – After you put in a change of address at the post office, make sure you notify utility and cable companies, internet providers, doctors, pharmacists, your employer and bank and any other providers of your new address. Missed mail can lead to problems you don’t need along with the busy days ahead getting moved out of the old place and into the new.
6. Make Sure Things Fit – Don’t just assume that all of your furniture and household possessions are going to fit into your new home. If it’s practical to do so, measure the rooms and make a list of the dimensions of each room. You probably want to avoid having to buy all new furniture, or worse, be forced to abort the move because the sofa won’t fit through the door!
7. Organize & Declutter! – When home movers Kansas City take the time to sort through their possessions and organize everything well in advance of moving day, it can go a long way in reducing stress, as well as save you money. Decide what to keep and what to donate, sell, give away or toss out. Make a list, itemizing things in columns. Moving costs are based on weight, so the less stuff you move, the more your savings will be.
8. Get Plenty of Supplies – Once you’ve got things sorted and organized, it’s time to start packing. But first, you’ll need supplies like boxes, tape and packing materials. Your home movers Kansas City company will have the things you need at an affordable cost. They will also help you determine how much you will need.
9. Packing & Labeling – You will avoid a lot of aggravation by proper packing and labeling of your possessions. Pack the items in each room (apart from the furniture) into boxes and label them as you go. Make an itemized list, noting what each box contains and which room it goes in. This will not only make getting settled into your new home much easier but will also be handy for insurance purposes if anything goes missing.
10. Pack A Go-Bag! – As you’re packing your clothing and essentials, keep out a bag with things you’re going to need right away, either during travel or when you get to your new location. A change of clothes, sleepwear, and toiletries, plus medications and other items, should be the last thing you pack. Keep it with you in the vehicle you travel in for even greater convenience.
Nobody ever said home movers Kansas City isn’t complicated, requiring you to juggle so many tasks all at the same time. But if you plan in advance, using these handy tips for a guide, you should cut down on a lot of stress and extra expense.
For a guaranteed smooth and stress-free move, call Superior Moving & Storage – the home movers in Kansas City for an affordable, efficient move – across town, across the state, or out of the country. For a no cost, no obligation estimate for home movers Kansas City, fill out the quick quote form and one of our customer service representatives will contact you promptly.
More than just a moving company!